The Graphtec GL240, GL840-M, GL840-WV, GL980, GL2000 and GL7000 data loggers can create CSV back up data files for recorded data. This data file can then be automatically transferred via a network connection to a remote FTP server or the data could be saved locally to an SD memory card for manual data transfer.
Up until recently, this backup feature was only available when using the Graphtec Binary Data (GBD) file format. Graphtec Engineers have now improved this feature so that the CSV data format can also be transferred to an FTP server or saved locally to an SD memory card that is installed in the data logger.
With this new feature, the Graphtec GL series of data loggers can now be used for remote "Cloud" based data hosting services where the data can be easily read in the CSV data format.
Notes on using the CSV format for backup
- Available sampling interval is the 100 ms or slower.
- Available backup interval is the 1, 2, 6, 12 & 24 hours.
Notes on using the backup function
- When the RING mode is selected for recording, the backup function is not available.
- When sampling trigger is set to external pulse, the backup function is not available.
- When CSV format recording and backup function are enabled, SD memory card exchange (hot-swapping) and RELAY recording are not available.