The PowerScout 24 bare board (PS24-N-S) is a device that needs some form of system integration to work out of the box. The PS24 can be directly connected via MODBUS to a data logger such as the DataTaker DT80 or DT82I, you could connect the PS24 to a SCADA or BMS network via MODBUS or BACnet and possibly to a computer running a third party software program.
Contact Lontek for more information about the PS24 and typical applications.
The Dent PS-COMPAK-USB software & communications package is generally required for setting up the PS24.
Required Current Transformers
You will need to select the size of some current transformers (CT) best suited for your typical monitoring application. Several main factors need to be considered when selecting the best suit CT.
- Maximum and minimum load current in Amps.
- The physical size of the cable the CT needs to fit around. Some cabling installations may have multiple grouped cables for load or voltage drop reasons.
- The physical space in the switchboard or electrical cabinet.
CT-HSC-020U - 20 Amp Mini current transformer.
CT-HSC-050U - 50 Amp Mini current transformer.
CT-HMC-0100-U - 100 Amp Midi current transformer.
CT-HMC-0200-U - 200 Amp Midi current transformer.
CT-CON-0150EZ-U - 150 Amp Clamp current transformer.
CT-R16-4A-U - 5-5000 Amp 400mm(16") RoCoil Flexible current transformer.
CT-R24-4A-U - 5-5000 Amp 600mm(24") RoCoil Flexible current transformer.
DENT Instruments PowerScout 24
The PowerScout 24 is an all-new multi-channel power meter from DENT Instruments which replaces the PowerScout 18. The modular design allows it to be configured for monitoring multiple electrical circuits (sharing a common voltage source). It can be supplied with virtually any combination of DENT's internally-shunted split core or RoCoil CTs. There are virtually no restrictions in "mixing & matching" CTs on the PowerScout 24.
Similar to the PowerScout 3 Plus, the PowerScout 24 allows for communication over either BACnet or Modbus protocol via a serial or Ethernet connection.
Another feature are the 8 Digital Outputs included on the meter--one per meter "element." Use these digital outputs to send kWh or other pulses to a pulse counting device, such as an RTU.
Use the 5 VDC, 200mA power out to power other devices, such as a radio or gateway device.
- Load Profiling for forecasting and trending energy use.
- Energy Audits and Energy Surveys to determine demand profiles, manage costs, and monitor consumption.
- Verification Studies to validate energy savings measures.
- True RMS Current Reading for monitoring up to 24 branch circuits.
Dent Instruments PowerScout 24 technical specifications. Download